Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Reviews - Lollipop Toy Shop

The Lollipop Toy Shop just past the outlets in Dawsonville is a little different from your average toy story. They have lots of their bigger toys out of the package and set up so your child can try them out before you buy. When we got our younger son a Step 2 climbing toy for his first birthday, we took him there first so you we could see what he really liked and what was appropriate for his age and size. It's also a good place to go before Christmas to get an idea of what toys really captivate your children.

You can shop online, but it's really fun to go there - you'll have a hard time getting the kids to leave! Since it's right next to the outlets, you can wind up at Lollipop after you've had time to check out the bargains.

Lollipop also has an inflatables play area right next door called Jumpin' Safari. They host a lot of birthday parties, but they have open play times every week. Check the website for times.

Lollipop Toy Shop

130 Industrial Park Road
Dawsonville, Georgia 30534

706.216.2032

Hours: M-Sa 10:00-6:00
Su: 12:00 - 5:00

6 comments:

  1. I hope you're enjoying the summer with the boys with the theme weeks and doing a lot of fun things. I heard you were going to Disney, that should be a blast for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a good summer! So far we've had wild animal week, "back in time" week, sports week, and cooking week.

    I hope you are enjoying your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many years has it been since I last set foot in this place? Too many, that's for sure.

    I remember being so excited to have my birthday parties here. The mural and giant stuffed animals in the birthday room brings back so many wonderful memories and I loved being able to sit on the giant chair in front of my friends as I opened the gifts, or to go to one of the night time jump sessions and play hide and seek in the dark with the other kids. Whenever it was raining out, my mom would take me and our younger sister here, and we would have so much fun sliding down the giant inflatable slide on those little towels. It was fast, fun, and I still remember the first time I decided to go down belly first. When it was time to go, we would hide at the very top of the other slide to get just a few extra minutes of the awesome music that was always playing, even though we knew we were easily seen.

    The rooms upon rooms of toys always heralded countless possibilities. We would walk in and head straight for the store part, and our mom wouldn't even have to get us anything - we would be satisfied with just riding the yellow car on the rainbow track just outside the lobby or messing around with the puppets.

    It was heartbreaking when it closed down. So many of my good memories stem from Lollipop. When they had their closing sale, I bought this three foot tall blue and green t-rex stiffed animal that they used for the boys' birthday parties. It's sad to think that it's just an auto repair shop now Sandy and Kim, I doubt you will see this, but I want to thank you both for all the fun times you let me have. I'll never forget you or your incredible business, because both you guys and Lollipop will always hold a special place in my heart. Love you both, and good luck to wherever you may now be <3

    ReplyDelete